March 26, 2006

Hold that thought

Okay, I'm gonna write a nice long post about Stamford, and throw in a bunch of photos. But it's 10:00, I've had less than 6 hours of sleep in two days, and I haven't sorted through the pictures yet. So hang tight. Maybe tonight, maybe tomorrow. But let me say this for now: Whoo! Seventh place! Whoo-hoo! I was genuinely surprised that I made the top 10. Those of you who made careless mistakes or moved slowly on puzzle #7, I thank you. Merl and Byron, thanks for constructing puzzles on which assorted rivals made errors. Will, thanks for easing up some of Byron's most impossible clues so that a couple dozen of us could actually finish the puzzle correctly.

In the meantime, those of you who weren't attending the tournament in Stamford who have written, beseeching me to send you scans of assorted Starbucks puzzles, you're gonna have to sit tight. I'll get to you in a day or two. I haven't done puzzle #6 yet and my husband hasn't scanned it in yet, so...patience.