Stan Newman's next annual Crossword University cruise will sail out of Fort Lauderdale for 10 days on January 14, 2010, on Holland America Line's Noordam. The itinerary's six ports of call include Barbados, Martinique, and Dominica.
Topics of the informal get-togethers will include:
- "Getting Tournament Ready": Stan will reveal for the first time all of his tournament training secrets
- How to develop your own personalized course to improving your crossword skills
- Word games you can play at home to boost your brain power
- Applying your crossword skills to solve "real-life puzzles"
- Creating an original crossword, to be published in Newsday
(Matt Ginsberg is also organizing an early-December cruise featuring a crossword tournament. Details to follow.)