August 29, 2005

Well, I couldn't crack the 3-minute mark on any of the four Monday puzzles I've done, and I have left the stalwart Crossword Fiend readers hanging without a post until afternoon (the horror!). The synapses are not firing at their peak today. For example, I was just at my local post office, which has a restored mural dating back to the WPA program. Smack dab in the center of the mural, Chicago's old Fort Dearborn is depicted. (Much more appealing than the part of the painting with the sledgehammer-wielding, Jughead-hat-wearing slaughterhouse guy ready to whack some cattle, that's for sure.) Anyway, having just looked at this mural, I still drew a blank on FT DEARBORN in the LAT puzzle. And I can't even think of anything to say about these crosswords.

NYS 3:43
NYT 3:38
LAT 3:22
CS 3:08