August 14, 2006

Happy birthday to me

LAT 3:48
NYS 3:34
CS 3:32
NYT 3:10

What? Another kinda-easy Sun puzzle (by Jack McInturff)? That's okay. The Friday one'll be tough (I couldn't wait), and perhaps the Wednesday and Thursday Suns will be, too.

How sweet of David ("Evad") Sullivan to publish his NYT crossword on my birthday! The theme contains four phrases with T words changed to TH words, bound together by the defining entry, FOUR H. Who can come up with another good clue for DUTCH THREAT? (Dave's clue was "Killer tulip?")

The Sun puzzle, "Analog Receiver," is another one with a 15x16 grid. The theme unveiled itself quickly for me, which helped speed things along nicely.

If you'll pardon me, I'm tired and need to get some sleep before my birthday hits. At this age, I'll need all the vim and vigor I can get!